Friday, May 24th 2013 - 12:19:59 AM
Tips For Buying A Home
- Familiarize yourself with the mortgage process.
- Begin the application process by getting pre-qualified and pre-approved from a Mortgage Lender. Do this first. Your Agent will need your mortgage qualification, and it will significantly strengthen your offer when you find a home.
- Get your financial picture in focus as soon as possible. Since it is an important component, be aware of your credit situation. You can get a free copy of your credit report at ConsumerInfo.com. Having your credit report in hand makes it much easier to decide which way to proceed.
- Set your budget. The best time to work on your budget is before you move.
- Find an Agent that you trust. It is important to do this before you go rushing off looking for homes or you may end up with no representation. You should compare backgrounds, experience and more to find an agent that suits your personalities and needs.
- Determine your housing needs and wants to determine what types of houses you should be considering. Familiarize yourself with the various types of housing available: Single family, townhouse and condo.
- Still have questions? Contact us by email or phone.